FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T2 LHR lounges
Thread: T2 LHR lounges
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2019, 7:06 am
lhrsfo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks for the info. My wife and I will substitute out our normal rollerboards with smaller/lighter/suckier ones, pack less (we'll do a load of laundry on the road) and sub out our regular laptops with our chromebooks. All to save 3 or 4 pounds each. Sigh. I still think we could be screwed if they insist on adding the weight of our "personal item" to our rollerboard, but I guess that is a risk I'll take. Besides, if they're total a-holes about it, I'll start taking clothing out of my suitcase and putting it on. I'm sure they'd love that.

I do wish this "traveler harassment" -- especially of elites -- would end. I consider myself a very "low-maintenance" traveler. All I need is my rollerboard & lap top bag and a seat (coach is fine, an advance seat assignment is nice). If I can't count on this very basic level of service, what the heck is the value of being elite?
Clearly not very "low-maintenance" as the same rules apply to everyone else, and we all seem to be happy with it. Personally, I find travelling around Europe as a *A Gold to be so massively better than travelling around the USA that it doesn't even bear comparison: *A Fast Track at LHR, a choice of amazingly good lounges and ultra-efficient boarding are features which I enjoy, none of which are available in the USA.