FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia/BA nightmare
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2019, 4:20 am
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
If the cancellation was less than 2 weeks before the flight then you would in theory have an EU261 claim, except this is only in the case of having a valid ticket, which it appears you no longer have.
I would argue that I still have a valid ticket (there are just no confirmed segments attached to it). Oddly, the reservation even appears normal on BA.com Manage My Booking. I never even received any notification from BA that things were awry. If it wasn't for my EF alert and checking Iberia.com, I would have absolutely no reason the think anything was wrong with the booking. I wonder how many times this issue has caught people in the past, especially those who don't triple-check their bookings.

As best I can tell, the cancellation occurred 10-11 days prior to departure, but the only proof I have is an ExpertFlyer seat alert email. Not sure BA would honor that wrt an EU261 claim.

Hoping BA will offer a reasonable solution (restoration of original IB flights, accommodation on another OW carrier, or cancellation with full refund and EU261 compensation) without having to fight for it. So far, BA's response has been far from impressive.

-FlyerBeek