FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia/BA nightmare
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2019, 1:05 am
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I have reviewed BA's conditions of carriage. I cannot find anything that directly speaks to this situation. Per the remedies listed for schedule changes, delays, and cancellations the first two options don't apply (as BA does not serve SJU) and the last two remedies are either an involuntary refund (seems the direction BA is heading here) or denied boarding compensation (which I'm not sure applies in this instance and requires me to meet all check-in and boarding requirements).

Ticked was paid for using a U.S.-issued credit card. Yes, the cash (tax) element exceeded £100 (it was $281 USD).

-FlyerBeek
If the cancellation was less than 2 weeks before the flight then you would in theory have an EU261 claim, except this is only in the case of having a valid ticket, which it appears you no longer have.

Realistically, you should take the TP/UA option, however unfair this sounds because I do believe you were wronged by BA here but I can’t imagine you being able to sort it out before the date you want to fly.

You could of course buy a ticket from BA for cash and then claim this back from BA and take them to court over it. You may well win, but life is too short.