FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia/BA nightmare
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2019, 12:49 am
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Calchas
I would have thought, EC 261/2004 aside, you have a contract with BA and it is their job to act with reasonable skill in upholding their end of the bargain per Consumer Rights Act. I am also not convinced the contract of carriage allows the carrier to cancel the ticket unilaterally. But please read it.

Did you pay on a UK-based credit card? Did the cash element exceed £100?
I have reviewed BA's conditions of carriage. I cannot find anything that directly speaks to this situation. Per the remedies listed for schedule changes, delays, and cancellations the first two options don't apply (as BA does not serve SJU) and the last two remedies are either an involuntary refund (seems the direction BA is heading here) or denied boarding compensation (which I'm not sure applies in this instance and requires me to meet all check-in and boarding requirements).

Ticked was paid for using a U.S.-issued credit card. Yes, the cash (tax) element exceeded £100 (it was $281 USD).

-FlyerBeek