FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanresorts Thread 2019
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2019, 6:48 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by bsb10
Seriously thinking about cancelling our upcoming Amanfayun stay. It's been disheartening trying to arrange even a simple thing like transportation with them. So far, 4 unanswered emails over the course of the past 3 weeks that not only myself and my travel agent have sent but also corporate connections from Aman have tried to step in and help, all without any reply. Haven't heard a single peep from anybody at Amanfayun itself, which is very concerning especially when we're spending almost 2k a night there currently. Thinking about switching to AmanYY because we're just looking for a 2-night respite in-between our Singapore/Shanghai/Beijing stays-- any recent reports on the service there? At least they have a GM I could talk to.....
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
GM is Christophe Olivro, formerly of Amangiri and most recently Amanpulo.
You can also drop him a note re Amanfayun, as he is the Area Director for Aman China.

Also, unanswered emails for 3 weeks sounds a bit strange - surely your TA should be able to step in here to push them? You mentioned he/she has already tried but to no avail; that simply doesn't sound right to me...
Any updates ? AmanYY is the only AMAN in PRC that has a GM cum Director for China ( also for Pulo .. ) , AFAIK , his forte is also not responding