FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old May 6, 2019, 9:38 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Thanks. The reason I would've wanted an upgrade (I usually don't care) was that this was a trans-con on the old Airbus, meaning super spacious comfy seats (4 in first). Agent never asked if I wanted to split PNR. Was in the bulkhead anyway.

My last pmVX F seat SFO-JFK

The only saving grace was it was a red-eye and I could use the blanket to cover the seat before I sat down. Big yes, but I don't find it comfortable at all. I sat once in row 6. I found looking at a distorted reflection of myself through purple plexi-glass to be nauseating and the dark cabin with smaller windows you need to crouch down to look out claustrophobic. Everyone has their preferences but mine is not for pmVX. The sooner they are all reconfigured, the better. They might have been a "cool" party vibe aircraft in their day but are extremely long in the tooth now.

For those that want to blame AS for their current condition keep in mind that there was a lot of neglect between the aquisition and the merger when they were still operating as separate airlines. Disengaged employees contributed to that.

James in Santiago.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; May 6, 2019 at 5:07 pm