FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using a different regional train on a Super Sparpreis reservation
Old May 6, 2019, 5:14 am
GinFizz

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by :D!
If you start at DUSSELDORF AIRPORT then you still need a separate ticket for the sky train from the terminal to Flughafen station

Is the ICE cheaper from Aachen? You could buy some sort of NRW ticket that will cover all transport from the airport to Cologne to Aachen.
Thanks - routing from Aachen to Liile does bring the cost down by a few Euros - but I think I'll stick with going via Koeln, as there are more trains it seems running to Koeln, and it will be good to see the Domkirche again.

Originally Posted by lipsum
Taking these two things together, another option worth mentioning is purchasing a Sparpreis ticket.

It's going to cost like an extra 3 euros but that way, you're covered for the sky train. You may then start your trip from Duesseldorf Hbf as well (as the Sparpreis includes the +City option which is good for travel between the DUS airport station and Duesseldorf Hbf).
I am not sure I follow your exact point here do you mean that a Super Sparpreis ticket doesn't cover the Skytrain and/or routing via Dus Hbf, but that the Sparpreis does? Or are you referring to a different kind of ticket? Sorry if that is a dumb question!

Out of interest, what is the fee for using the sky train? All the Google searches I run for this come up with "buy XXX ticket so that it is included in the price" and don't mention a cost for the individual ticket.