FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2019, 10:51 pm
Toshbaf
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Point being it'll be about two more weeks before I'll even find time to check out one of my old OAGs to research a few more questions. I trust the rest of youse can and will entertain not only us but all of the lurkers with questions, remembrances and commentary from your past experiences. Go get 'em, boys!
In that case,
POP QUIZ - ONE QUESTION

Looking at my email, I see the oldest one related to an airline is from 1998. It's not a very good question, sorry, but fill in the blanks for me, airline and city. The date is in October, 1998.

Louisville (SDF) to San Francisco (SFO) One stop. Name the airline, connecting airport, and aircraft.. Here's a hint.

depart 6:15 pm, arrive 7:14 ___________
depart 8:15 pm, arrive 10:26 pm SFO

Now for the story. It is possibly my first trip booked online.

Read the email.....
If you have requested ______ E-Ticket, your tickets will beheld in an electronic file in our reservation system. For yourconvenience, a Customer Itinerary Receipt will automaticallybe mailed to your billing address and must be presented to askycap when using Curbside Luggage Check. You may completeairport check-in and receive your E-Ticket Boarding Pass atthe ticket counter (luggage check available), departure gate,or ________ (members only).

If you have requested a paper ticket, you will receive yourtravel documents and official receipt by U. S. mail or overnightservice depending on your departure date.

Paper ticket???? I may not have used a paper ticket since 2006 and that was a rarity even then. However, in 1998, there were paper tickets. Even a few with the red carbon paper.

If you try to answer the question, I realize that you don't have the same sentimental experience of possibly my first online ticket purchase. Maybe you'll look at it as a guess to what the connection airport is using your proprietary thought process?

Last edited by Toshbaf; May 4, 2019 at 10:58 pm