FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 13, 2004, 12:18 pm
gregorygrady

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
There are 2 RC floors and only 2 suites on the RC floor: one being the Presidential Suite with the best ocean view possible ...and the other being the RC Suite, which has a less-than-great view overlooking the adjoining Maui (I guess it'd be considered a partial ocean view.)
There are actually a couple other places on the RC floors that CAN be turned into 2 room suites I believe. The Presidiential Suite is on the South side of the 18th Floor. On the South and North ends/corners of the Atrium Tower on the Ocean side there are actually rooms that have two sets of doors. I'm not sure if they sell these as 2 room suites or not, but when entering the corner rooms, there is a single door that can take a keycard which leads to a small hall/area that splits off into 2 rooms which can each take a separate keycard. I was given one of these corner rooms on the North side last time I was there and the first door was just propped open all the time to basically make this two individual rooms. Again, I'm not sure if they sell this as a 2 rooms suite at times or not. My room had 2 balconies, one facing the ocean and one facing Kanappali (sp?) Beach area and if you looked to the right you could see the mountains. Nice room, King Bed, Sofa that doubled as a pullout bed, and slightly bigger bathroom than other rooms. And I liked the choice of balconies. ^ I believe this pair of rooms (or suite) might also be on the North corner of the 18th floor (about 2 doors down from Regency Club) but I'm not sure. And BTW, I don't know where the RC Suite is, this could be it but from the previous posters description, its not because this one faces the ocean AND mountains.