FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort (Napa Valley, CA)
Old May 4, 2019, 2:16 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Having an otherwise lovely stay here...but marred by some serious letdowns with F&B and concomitant poor management.

Yesterday, we had a pretty subpar breakfast meal and service. (But that was nothing compared to the horrendous service we had at the previous night’s dinner at Solbar at the Solage. Wow.) Missed details, delayed orders, lukewarm servings, and no service recovery. We let it go and assumed it was a one time thing.

Wrong.

Last night, on mentioning the terrible dinner at Solbar to a guest relations member, I also mentioned the poor breakfast. She was very apologetic and asked for more details—and we gave them. So we hoped for better this morning.

Nope.

Today, after I sent back a cool/barely lukewarm eggs Benedict and not warm Hollandaise sauce, the chef personally delivered a new eggs Benedict—with actually raw eggs. It was disgusting. I left. In my absence, the restaurant team ultimately presented our friends with a bill that still had charges for our meal, including my eggs Benedict. Wow. They eventually comp’d breakfast for us all only after my husband spoke to the GM. Really?

In the meantime, my husband had finally spoken to the GM, who acknowledged problems and disappointment with her team. Nothing more than platitudes if you ask me. My husband and I still haven’t heard more than that they ultimately comp’d breakfast. No kidding.

Ultimately, my husband and I had to go into St. Helena for breakfast to a restaurant recommended by the lovely CR concierge. You might have expected Calistoga Ranch to have called ahead to take care of that bill...but nope. I finally finished breakfast at 12:15 pm or so.

Calistoga Ranch screwed the pooch here. And then some.

To say that the Calistoga Ranch F&B and management is troubling and/or inadequate would be an understatement. For this price point, it’s darn close to negligence. I’ve never before had to actually leave a property to get a decent breakfast.

Last edited by bhrubin; May 4, 2019 at 2:41 pm