FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T2 LHR lounges
Thread: T2 LHR lounges
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2019, 11:42 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhrpete
As for weighing the personal item - the limit on that is also 8kg, it's not done as systematically as they weigh rollers and if you don't have a roller you stand little chance of having it weighed but I have seen them insist on weighing both - particularly if the passenger is arguing about weight or charging!
Thanks for the info. My wife and I will substitute out our normal rollerboards with smaller/lighter/suckier ones, pack less (we'll do a load of laundry on the road) and sub out our regular laptops with our chromebooks. All to save 3 or 4 pounds each. Sigh. I still think we could be screwed if they insist on adding the weight of our "personal item" to our rollerboard, but I guess that is a risk I'll take. Besides, if they're total a-holes about it, I'll start taking clothing out of my suitcase and putting it on. I'm sure they'd love that.

I do wish this "traveler harassment" -- especially of elites -- would end. I consider myself a very "low-maintenance" traveler. All I need is my rollerboard & lap top bag and a seat (coach is fine, an advance seat assignment is nice). If I can't count on this very basic level of service, what the heck is the value of being elite?