FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which program to credit to? *A
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2019, 11:33 am
copperred

Which program to credit to? *A

I have a flight [IAD-CPH, ARN-ORD] in SAS Plus (PE, A class booking code, which is my preferred option) coming up and am looking at a question of which program I should credit it to. I have an existing AC Aeroplan account that I have credited SAS flights to last year and if I don't credit this one, those miles will expire. I joined EB because it seemed like a better option (for international I split between AC and SK but am pretty price sensitive) for this flight. I was earlier a regular flier on UA but they as an airline and as a mileage program, have been awful for several years. I know that the end run around this is to suck it up, get a UA mileage card, eat the fee every year, and maintain my miles there, but as it's unlikely I will fly them (I live in DC and they've eliminated much of their IAD traffic and insist on trying to connect me through EWR which is a hard pass) and their booking system often excludes AC and SK except by calling them directly.

What is my best option? I fly back to Scandinavia a couple of times a year, but try to use AC as well since I can pre-clear in Canada and fly straight to DCA, With SK the nonstop from IAD is worthwhile but IAD is expensive and sometimes a difficult experience to get to.