FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old May 4, 2019, 8:16 am
pentiumii

Originally Posted by odetophil
A bit of a situation here. I have an itinerary of HAN-HKG-YVR-HKG-HAN with the TPAC legs in F, with a direct turnaround at YVR. My flight out of HAN is scheduled is delayed, resulting in a misconnect at HKG. CX's auto generated email put me on the next available flight to YVR which is 16 hours later than the original departure time, and in J, not F. It left intact the YVR-HKG-HAN legs.

1) would I be able to convince CX to reinstate me in F? Of course I would prefer F to J, and I wouldn't have positioned myself to HAN if I had known I was going to get downgraded.
2) would I be able to reschedule the retuning legs of the trip given that I will miss them as a result of the misconnect?

It would be nice if I can move the dates for all of HKG-YVR-HKG-HAN legs. Anyone had similar experiences?
First, let me say that I have the same routing for different dates so I am watching this very closely. and I am begging you to keep us updated as to what happens.

I think my first actions would be to get them to reinstate the original hkg-yvr flight in first and let them know or believe that you are already in hkg. then buy a ticket from han-hkg which would be cheap and stay on schedule. The other thing that I discovered when I was in HKG on my first leg of this deal when in the lounge was when I approached them about making some changes to my future itinerary, they said there was no availability thinking I wouldn't be willing to downgrade a two hour flight and they didn't communicate that option to me but now I believe it exists. so I am going to ask again while being clear about the downgrade. so, you might see if they can reschedule the han-hkg leg in economy and keep you on track.

Do you have the us cathay phone number? someone earlier had success with them for making some changes. Sorry, if I have misread the situation, but if your problem is han-hkg, that would be easily fixed for a couple hundred dollars or 8k united miles.