FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connections through Madrid Airport
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2019, 5:42 am
LupineChemist

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Aash21
HiI'm going to be landing at terminal 2 in Madrid at 3:40 pm and have a connecting flight from Terminal 4 at 5:30 pm. The airlines are not the same company. Questions are:<br /><br />A) Will I need to go through immigration to make this transfer if I don't have checked bags?<br /><br />B) Is there an internal way to get to terminal 4 and avoid immigration with just carry ons?<br /><br />C) I was originally planning on checking luggage but now I'm wondering if I won't have enough time to claim bags if I have to do immigration AND wait for luggage. The transit like is 1 hour 50 minutes exactly.<br /><br />In a bit of a tight spot so any info will help. Thanks!

Terminal 2 is Schengen only so you if you arrive there you will already be in the Schengen area and not have any immigration.

If you are arriving from a non-Schengen destination, you will actually be arriving in T1 but the immigration line shouldn't be too long and shouldn't change the calculus too much. In theory there is a transfer bus to the non-Schengen part of T4 (T4S) but I haven't heard any reports of how well it works. It would probably be the best way if you are doing non-Schengen to non-Schengen

No terminal connection except for a shuttle bus that will take 20-25 minutes.

Checked luggage will be absolutely impossible. It's tight as is.