FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old May 3, 2019, 10:37 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khanmin
With Delta Reserve Amex, can’t I just do the waiver of $25k for PT status? Then do the rest with flying for mileage? That’s what the Amex customer service had told me...was I misinformed?

Thats why I thought u could knock that MQDs with AMEX, then see if you guys could please help me do the rest with the mileage run? Thank you so much...just very confused now... If you can guide me...with doing my mileage run...it would be greatly appreciated.

I know a bit confusing, and I’m confused too. Thank you.

Either way, can you guys please help me do the mileage run? First time doing it...and need lots of help.
$25K of spend is the MQD waiver amount for Delta Platinum or lower status. You need to spend $250K on the Amex card in order to get the MQD waiver for Diamond status. If you do not meet the $250K spend requirement for the waiver, you will need to earn at least 15,000 MQD's for Diamond status (in addition to 125K MQM's).

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...o-qualify.html

"Starting January 1, 2018, the Medallion Qualification Dollar (MQD) Waiver for Diamond Medallion Status is increasing. The MQD Waiver for Diamond Medallion Status is currently earned by spending $25,000 in eligible purchases in a calendar year on a SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express. It is being adjusted to $250,000 in a calendar year."