FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old May 3, 2019, 5:11 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by lsquare
Guys, I'm not sure what to make of this. So I just re-applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred, but didn't get an instant approval. Credit score and income should suffice. The email that I got from Chase just acknowledged that they got my app and will contact me once a decision is made. I submitted my app at about 6 AM EDT on May 2nd. I called Chase's automated line twice already and it just says I'll get a response within 2 weeks. What should I make of this? I'm trying to avoid calling Chase's reconsideration line as it seems like that's the recommended advice unless I'm outright declined.
In general, the "response within two weeks" status indicates probable approval; "within 7-10 days" status indicates probable denial or - in some cases - identity verification is required. (I surmise it's been 48+ months since your last Sapphire bonus?)