FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Dynamic Award Pricing" by UA; questions, experiences, .... {Archive}
Old May 3, 2019, 11:57 am
BOSskier

Programs: UA Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jsloan
While I understand the sentiment, it's not really clear that there's another airline that's better in terms of redemption levels, at least among DL, AA, and UA.
My take was that if the FFPs become more or less equal, then his friend may choose to spend his dollars elsewhere for reasons such as service, schedule, etc. I travel exclusively for pleasure and will keep loyalty to United for now, but depending on how all the dominoes fall, I'll certainly spend based on other factors in the future if MileagePlus continues to become less predictable. There's little value in accumulating a currency with little purchasing power stability - especially when it's always depreciating (and never the other direction).

On a side note, I especially had liked the ability to craft itineraries to somewhat difficult to reach places, and the now limited (or generally) zero ability to construct award itineraries and the award engine's lack of perceived creativity has been frustrating. There's still significant value to be had but for how long? We'll see.