Thread: T2 LHR lounges
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2019, 7:00 am
Dover2Golf
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by iahphx
I am actually flying BA back to LHR.

But, really, I would be shocked and appalled if a Star Alliance airline that gave Golds a free checked bag made them pay to check that bag at the gate because it was "over-weight." I say no way. Of course, I say that as an American, and I know things can be different in other countries.
If you've bought a HBO fare then the European airlines do not give a *G a free check in bag. It's just how it is. There's a whole long thread about it on the Lufthansa forum. Croatia while not a member of the LH Group uses M&M as a FFP and adheres to LH policies and standards. You can reduce the cost by paying for the bag in advance, it's €30/bag if you do that.

New "Light" Flight Class means ZERO bags for star alliance gold members

The T2 staff are very clear about the policies, earlier this week I saw someone protest about a bag fee and he was told to take a seat while he was off loaded. Of course he immediately paid up. Please remember it's not the staff who wrote these policies it was *A collectively and it has been ever thus since T2 at LHR opened. On a plus they have the best on time dispatch of any LHR terminal.