FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread
Old May 2, 2019, 8:34 pm
Hotel Points Guy

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Give it a Week from Check Out

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My wife and I (and our baby) just completed 5 nights at Hawaiian Village. The first 3 nights were revenue nights (AAA rate), the last 2 were awards. We contacted the reservation dept to link the reservations so we stayed in the same room, but they maintained their own confirmation numbers. We checked in on 4/23 and out on 4/28, and on the (Diamond) account today we see the 2 stays. Both stays show 0 points earned. The receipts clearly show the proper expenses, including restaurant charges and resort fees. Do the stays show up before the points do? I don’t remember ever running into this scenario before (stay shows up but 0 points), but maybe I don’t usually check the account so soon. Wait? Or request missing points now?
Every once in a while, I run into a similar situation. Interestingly, another property in Hawaii TWICE, on two separate stays, failed to post points to my account. Whenever I contact the Diamond Desk about missing points, they always tell me to wait a week for the points to show up. Inevitably when the points don’t appear, I email the DD and include my confirmation number(s), dates of stay, and an attachment of the folio(s) in question. This method has always worked for me, and within a few hours the points and stay/night credit are properly adjusted. Give it a week, send the DD an email, and I’m sure you’ll get all the points, night and stay credit you are entitled to!

By the way, I hope you had a pleasant stay in Hawaii! 😀