FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations Yucatan, Mexico: Merida and Tulum
Old May 2, 2019, 9:48 am
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

I just put together a wiki on the hacienda thread in the Marriott forum. I haven't stayed at any of them recently though am planning to return in 2020. Thus, I make no representations as to them being luxury properties. What I do know is that they have masses of charm. These are tiny properties, most with 10 rooms or fewer. That appeals to me enormously.

Map showing locations of each. Merida is the most convenient airport to visit the haciendas.

Hacienda Temozon, Temozon Sur While at Temozon, drive to Celestun to take a boat trip to see the flamingos and mangroves. Closest hacienda to Uxmal.
Hacienda San Jose, Tixkokob, Yucatan
Hacienda Santa Rosa, Santa Rosa
Hacienda Puerta Campeche, Campeche
Hacienda Uayamon, Campeche

Summary by thomasito in 2017:
Hacienda San Jose: beautiful gardens, great pool, big rooms
Hacienda Santa Rosa: the smallest and very charming, nice pool, beautiful building and nice rooms
Hacienda Puerta Campeche: not a real hacienda, in the middle of Campeche town. Not as charming as the other haciendas, but nice pool and beautiful courtyard + spacious rooms
Hacienda Uayamon: stunning setting, beautiful grounds, amazing pool and huge rooms (only suites)
Hacienda Temozon: biggest hacienda with 28 rooms, very elegant, great pool and nice (but dark) rooms, they have their own cenote and you can get there by a donkey carriage.

We will fly in and out of Merida and will need to overnight there at least at the start of the trip. What is the best hotel in Merida these days?