FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What happened to the a350 order?
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2019, 7:58 am
mduell
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by spin88
(1) I don't discount the possibility of 777x issues, Boeing fired/offshored/"McDonald Douglased" its formerly leading engineering staff and the reality is that they have had one issue MAX after another 787, no company relying on Boeing to deliver quality new A/C on time can have much faith in Boeing at this.
Unfortunately for the airlines, they have no reason for greater faith in Airbus, and certainly not in any of the foreign upstarts (i.e. COMAC). The last decade and a half has been marred with A380 delay after delay, A350 relaunch after relaunch driving delays, and then the A320neo EIS debacle with poor operational performance and an inability to deliver ~half the orders.

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm guessing you have not flown the 781 in J. It's too narrow for the Polaris seat, to the point I'll avoid the refitted 787s in long-haul. The 350 has a wider cabin and the Polaris seat will fit better.
With United's "strategy" of just shoving a 777 product into a narrower airframe (787 or A350), it's always going to be too narrow on a non-777.