FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What happened to the a350 order?
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2019, 7:10 am
Long Train Runnin
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I've only flown it on VN which had a quite poor business class seat, so my experience wasn't as favorable. Seat aside, to me the A350 was indistinguishable from a ride standpoint to a 787. If UA only flies 787s, that's fine for me if they'd ever upgrade the seats on the -8s and -9s to new Polaris. The only big advantage to getting A350s would be more of the fleet having new seats.
I have to disagree there.

I have flown 8 flights on the A350 on all variants in all different cabin configs and airlines. From CX/QR J on a -900, to SQ W on the -900ULR, and one segment on QR in Y on a -1000.

It feels way more modern on the inside then a 787, and is certainly more quiet aircraft there is no doubt there.

I haven't flown the 787-10 yet, but I have logged flights on the -8 and -9 variants. For me its not a contest the A350 would be my choice over the 787 every time.

I hope that UA adds them to the fleet at 9 across with the extra cabin width you get on the A350 it would be their most comfortable long haul seat in economy. Assuming by 2022/2023 there won't be too many 767s left.