FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]
Old May 1, 2019, 3:28 pm
MissVacation

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
There's currently a dengue outbreak in Tahiti, which isn't ideal. I'm not sure if it's in Bora Bora as well, but 2019 seems like a bad year for it. I've been in Nauru and Tuvalu in the last month and I've similarly received dengue outbreak notices from the WHO there. I'm currently sat in the Hilton Moorea next to some muddy pools of water which the hotel doesn't seem to be doing anything about.
We went to Bora Bora during that year of a massive Chikungunya outbreak (2015) and the resort (Intercontinental Bora Bora Thalasso) was regularly spraying. They even informed us on the date and time too. We went back in March this year and I saw the dengue outbreak notice at the airport once we landed. But for the 3 resorts we stayed, there was no spraying so I guess the situation wasn't that bad. As a precaution, always apply insect repellent especially going out for dinner at night.