FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed with lack of pre-departure beverage (PDB) & other experiences
Old May 1, 2019, 1:33 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by elitefreak
That's complete BS. Is anyone listening, UA? I honestly think that the vast majority of the problems with UA are due to lackadaisical crew members. No commitment to the company. No urgency to please the people who make their paychecks possible. Instead, a vastly entitled bunch that is always looking for a way to get out of doing their job to the fullest.

As compared to WN where "folks" (Joe Biden's favorite word) give a darn.
The issue for UA is the inconsistency as there are wonderful crew members who go above and beyond and make it a wonderful experience, including PDBs in rushed circumstances. Then you get some who are obviously disillusioned with the company/jaded from too many difficult passengers/should find a new job that they would enjoy more. I am not sure how you fix it but as a passenger I always acknowledge and thank great service and at times the FAs seemed surprised which is disappointing as they must not get too much positive reinforcement and I have seen some real jerks (pax) and unfortunately sat next to some of them. I am not an apologist for UA and that everything is fantastic as that is not the case, but I do think most of us are just trying to get through the day the best way we can and sometimes our jobs can get overwhelming.

I must say the lack of PDB impacts me more on domestic flights with a tight connection or originating from the airport and have just come through security and the coffee/tomato juice/water is very welcomed, versus a Polaris flight where I have enjoyed the lounge and do not really need a PDB when I board - but do realize it is part of the advertised perks of flying Polaris, but I would rather get my slippers and PJs than a PDB.