FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA offers TOD “tens of dollars” First Class & Upgrades
Old May 1, 2019, 8:06 am
Athena53

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fastflyer
CLT-MCI does qualify for the light-bites aka cheese plate, as long as it is scheduled within the meal windows. The late evening CLT-MCI departs after the dinner window, so it gets the Refreshments (nuts and cookie). Both stations have catering so this was possibly a Flight Attendant error. Light-bites have been in place since the meal changes September 1, 2014. I have noticed that the FAs will incorrectly substitute the snack basket for the nuts-cookie combo from time to time. But I believe all flights over 700 miles are catered with the nuts, both full meal flights (1000+ miles) and light-bite flights (700-999 miles), and also flights outside the meal window (after 8pm).
Thanks for this; my paid Business flights had been mostly to Europe, India and Central America up to now, with the occasional freebie upgrade on short hauls such as MCI-ORD or MCI-DFW, where I didn't expect much except a free adult beverage (if the sun was past the yardarm) and some
premium snack mix". Now that I'm exploring other destinations, it's clear that I need to do more careful research on what Business Class provides and doesn't provide.

It's good to be a "free agent" at this point; I'm Lifetime Gold on AA but when I'm willing to pay for Business Class I'm free to choose the airline with the best schedules and pricing and know I'll get about the same "love" regardless of loyalty status.