FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelled flight. Delay of 15 Hours. What to do.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:14 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by djtriggz
How easy is it to claim directly? Should I use one of the online claim agents?

Will update you guys once I’ve landed so I should try and do everything through the airline? Not contact American Express or revolut travel insurance?? Amex travel says £200 for cancelled flight. Revolut says £320 but best I guess is the 600 euro from the airline?? What about hotels?? If QR don’t give one I should call Amex??

do I get a letter from QR as to why they have cancelled the flight?
I haven't had to claim from QR yet, only other airlines, but didn't find the process too painful. Can be quite time consuming so just depends how much time you want to invest in the process, if you're happy just to outsource it to someone else then it will save you hassle.

Your travel insurance should be on top of the statutory EU compensation so you'll also need to contact your travel insurance provider separately if you have insurance that covers this - note this may not count as a cancelled flight but a delay instead given the connecting nature of it, just depends how the policy is worded. You can obviously deal with the hotel at the same time if QR don't provide one.

You should get a letter from QR on landing regarding the delay and if you don't I would push for one as you may need this to be able to make the claim.