FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:10 pm
damon88

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by adlibitum
We are booked here for one night using Ritz Carlton cert from before this hotel increased in points redemption. As Platinum elite, is 4 pm checkout guaranteed? Front desk says no, but Marriott bonvoy elite benefits chart says yes, has exception based on availability only for Silver.

thanks
It seems as if this is the hotel line. I wonder if one of the Lurkers can confirm? FWIW my understanding is that just because a hotel isn't listed under resorts doesn't mean it isn't considered one. I am planning to finally visit this hotel next year and it would be great to know before we actually plan our stay.

From a blog review just 10 days ago:

"Finally, the most egregious service failure occurred the morning we checked out. I called down to the front desk and asked to reconfirm our 4pm guaranteed late checkout thanks to my Ambassador Elite membership. The front-desk manager profusely apologized, but told me that Las Alcobas is considered a resort and therefore does not guarantee 4pm late checkout to elite members. I took out my phone, browsed Marriott’s resort listings, and noticed that Las Alcobas was not listed as a resort, and I’d therefore be guaranteed a 4pm late checkout. Armed with the new information, I called back down to the front desk manager, who told me that Marriott’s website was wrong, but he offered a 4pm checkout as a one-time courtesy. Then, at 3pm, a full hour before our checkout, housekeeping knocked and opened our door(!) asking us why we haven’t yet checked out."

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/las...apa-valley-ca/