FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T2 LHR lounges
Thread: T2 LHR lounges
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:56 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhrpete
Croatia do only operate one flight a day from LHR most days, I think they have two slots at the weekend but even then it's one evening and one late afternoon. Like other small *A carriers in Europe, their role is to feed Lufthansa and the majority of their services are to FRA and MUC from Croatia with a few also to ZRH. Their Airbus fleet is also old and heavily used though it's well maintained and on board it's clean and service is above average. The problem with the London services is that they are the last of the day and very prone to delays.

T2 has a lot of self check bag drop counters but I don't know how early you can use them. You could pay less for bag storage in central London but then you have to get them there and back probably both at peak times. I don't envy you that possibility. Also beware that if you are traveling in economy it's normal that the ground staff in T2 insist on checking rollers in and it happens on all *A carriers and your option will be to be offloaded. It's clearly *A policy and it's enforced and no use arguing about it - you will be told to stand to one side while everyone else boards and they will then offload you once they're finished.
Thanks, lhrpete. So when I get to the gate, it's likely the gate agent will insist that my rollerboard be checked (even if it complies with Croatia's hand luggage rules)? Obviously a nuisance, but it doesn't sound like I can do much about it. I assume they won't try to charge me a fee for the newly checked bag?