FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How does PlusPoints / Mileage Upgrade waitlist for business work with PremiumPlus?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:33 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LarrySinNJ
At T-24hrs at check-in for the outbound, the Premium Economy cleared almost immediately; and to my surprise, we were on the waiting list for Polaris, which cleared about 90 minutes prior to scheduled take-off. Fare class changed from T to PZ. Not a bad thing!
did you pay a copay?

Originally Posted by LarrySinNJ
However on the return, which was booked in R class we never hit the wait list for Polaris after check-in. I saw after I returned that according to a Points Guy article, (https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...-plus-polaris/) R class is supposedly upgrade-eligible, yet we never hit the Polaris waiting list. Curious as to why this happened.
While R is upgradeable, you need to request and support the upgrade request. If you did not make a request, you will not be on the waitlist.

Being on an R fare or being in PP, does not automatic place you on the upgrade waitllst for buisness