FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Drunk passengers in emergency / exit seats
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:36 pm
PHLondoner

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

We were not there. We do not know for sure, and most likely never will. My thoughts were that as cabin crew for many years, that if they conducted themselves in such a manner onboard the aircraft, the drink supply would have been chopped. Actually, I had difficulty following the story as it seemed to jump all over the place. In my opinion something is not right in any of this. How does one fit, never mind Dance in an aircraft seat?

Anyway back to the the real world. JDiver my sweet, I had no idea that you had a Significant Birthday on the horizon. You are truly one of the constellations in Flyertalk’s crown and I just wish that I could be at your party to pour and serve the drinks and,listen to some of your anecdotes.
I wasn't at the Kennedy Assassination but can make some logical inferences.

I just find it hard to believe that if they were so drunk and useless that none of the FAs they interacted with - at the gate, boarding, on the plane, etc. - intervened or said anything. Especially considering exit row pax are forced to have affirmative interactions with FAs during the process. So either several employees negligently allowed dangerously drunk pax to sit in the exit row seats...or, the OP is exaggerating a bit. My $$ is on the latter. Maybe they were buzzed and having too good a time and the OP needs to lighten up? Also, the passengers probably most affected by poor behavior would be the ones directly next to them or in front (depending on plane config) and no one else complained or brought up the issue? No one AT ALL said anything about these dangerously out of control drunkards who were so obnoxiously drunk that they were a threat to human safety? I don't like victim blaming but, after adding the compensation admission, the whole thing feels thin.