FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:37 am
sunshine213

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
It's a really beautiful little island but you are not allowed to go there on your own (or to any of the small islands in FP as per local law they are all considered private property and it would be considered trespassing). As it's name translates it definitely is 'by invitation only.' The Conrad Bora Bora owns the island and prohibits visitors excepted as permitted by the resort. I have made an unplanned visit to the island by boat for about 30 minutes (we had a sick passenger on a transport that needed the bathroom). The Island is uninhabited and mostly pristine. It's about the side of a football field and has some interesting beaches and a small shelter and toilet area as well as a single shallow jetty. Occasionally they have large groups book the island for the day (non-resort guests often from cruise ships) but if you are a guest I believe the only scheduled way is via the wine/dine trip. They do frequently have staff on the island to maintain it so it remains clean and that staff has radio contact to the resort to police unauthorized visitors. Although large private yacht captains should know better I have been told there have been incidents in the past where small tenders arrived to check out the island and they are promptly told to leave. In addition, resort guests have paddle-boarded and kayaked to the island and have also been scolded.

Check with the resort though as I think I have heard them stop off there on a snorkel or dive trip so maybe they could accommodate your request.
Thanks you. Appreciate the information. I found an old pdf that has a morning visit and a dinner visit. I was primarily trying for a morning visit as I have no interest in being there in the evening. I've emailed them. Hopefully they respond.