FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Theoretically speaking, if you were stuck at Heathrow...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:12 pm
HMPS

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by mjack99
After a long day of going almost nowhere, sitting at Carluccios for dinner, my daughter has an interesting question: if we were in the lounge and our flight got canceled and the next one was only the next day (the actual situation almost), would we be forced to leave the lounge and/or the airport? You often see people sleeping in airports but I can't imagine they let you do that at Heathrow.
HA ! That happened to me during a minor snowmaggadon at LHR. Went to the Arrivals lounge, was grudgingly allowed in. Since literally no one knew what was going on I asked the dragon lady what time do you close ? Her reply left me speechless. She said we will be open all night but you cannot stay in beyond 12 midnight as it will be the day after you landed ! Had a departing connection boarding pass on me, All I could muster was,"look at me, mark my name and by all means call the police to evict me after midnight". Never heard from anyone.