FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The NEW -what are they serving in QPs/F Lounges thread!
Old Aug 12, 2004, 10:27 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
New York JFK BA/QF First Lounge

I arrived in F on QF107 and was connecting to BA176 to London in Club World. Since I had checked-in for the BA176 flight in LAX at the Qantas desk, my board pass was printed on Qantas First Class stock and not BA stock. This caused some confusion at the lounge and the boarding gate!

Since I was travelling on BA in Club World I was not entitled to use the old Concorde room, which is for BA First Class passengers only. But I was welcome to use the BA First Class Lounge adjacent to the BA Executive (Business Class) Lounge.

Food: Preflight Dining
There is little food (just potato chips and nuts) in the F lounge. But BA offers pre-flight dining for all flights from JFK, which is a wonderful idea. The pre-flight dining room is accessed through the BA Executive Club lounge. Qantas passengers awaiting QF108 are not permitted to use the pre-flight dining facility. Since my BA176 boarding pass was on Qantas First Class stock, I was initially denied access to the pre-flight dining room. I had to point out the BA flight number and LHR destination to three different BA staff members before they allowed me to enter. Once said "I will make an exception for you this time", which I thought strange even after I had pointed out that I was not travelling on QF, but BA in Club class.

Food was very good. I selected a salmon dish and enjoyed it. I was offered chilled sweetpea soup and that was good also. I didn't note the wines on offer in the dining room and only had water to drink there.

Back in the F lounge, the scotch selection was one of the widest I have come across. Not all good, but plenty of choise.

Scotch:
JW Red (why do they bother??)
JW Black (again, why given the others on offer)
Glenfiddich 12yo
Talisker (smokey and mellow - great)
Jamison (yes, I know its not scotch, but close enough)