FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The NEW -what are they serving in QPs/F Lounges thread!
Old Aug 12, 2004, 9:55 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Chicago O'Hare (ORD) AA Flagship Lounge

Having visited a few lounges in the last week, I thought I should provide an update. Note that I missed out on two lounge visits due to a flight delay out of FRA, but that is a whole nother story that I am sure will come out in other threads.

I didn't note all the booze on offer in all the lounges - just the things that interested me at the time . It makes more sense to post these separately since each lounge has its own story .

Chicago O'Hare (ORD) AA Flagship Lounge

At checkin I was told the AA lounge is near gate H5. I was travelling on QF3164 codeshare with AA455 ORD-LAX. After finding the AC I enquired about the Flagship Lounge and was told it was way over the other side at K19 and I should just stay at the AC as it was closer to my gate. I knew better . So I took the 5 min walk to K19 and located the FL. The agent there was horrified that the AC agent had suggested I remain in the AC, and she welcomed me, noting that they don't call domestic flights in the FL.

Food:
Cream cheese and cucumber sandwitches, great fruit platter and the usual selection of sticky deserts. All very good.

Bubbly:
Piper Somona (I liked this one)
Piper Heidsiek (the Somona was better in my opinion)

Red Plonk:
Benzinger 2001 Merlo
St Francis 2004 Cab Sav (now that is young)

Scotch:
The Glenlivet 12yo
Ballentines

Others:
Makers Mark Bourbon
Grey Goose collection of Vodkas
The usual fair of other stuff

Overall, this is a great lounge, and the walk to my departure gate of H15 was not much more than 5 mins. I know where to head next time I am at ORD.