FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK [Master Thread]
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:43 am
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Marriott/Autograph Collection give full breakfast in Asia but only $10 USD credit in Europe and the US, was my understanding. The breakfast rules are a bloody disgrace. A few days after my initial search, the Sheraton is now 40 GBP a night cheaper then the Glasshouse so going back to the Sheraton was an easy choice.
That's a misunderstanding.

At Marriott Hotels and Autograph Collection Hotels worldwide (along with Renaissance, JW Marriott, and Delta Hotels), breakfast is s function of the lounge/breakfast. Breakfast is not a Platinum Welcome Gift option, except at resorts. Instead, the lounge access benefit calls for breakfast for member + 1 in the lounge, or, if there is no lounge or it's closed, then breakfast for member + 1 in the hotel restaurant. (At Delta Hotels, it could also be breakfast from the Elite Pantry).

There have been reports on this forum of some Autograph Collection Hotels providing stingy breakfast benefits, but my personal breakfast experiences at Autograph Collection Hotels have been excellent. I have not stayed at The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection.

The misunderstanding about $10 USD at Marriott Hotels and Autograph Collection Hotels could be due to two different things. First, one of the Welcome Gift options is a $10 USD F&B credit per stay, but this is in addition to the lounge/breakfast benefit. Also, the AC Hotels brand, which some people confuse with the Autograph Collection brand, has a Welcome Gift option of $10 USD F&B credit per day for member + 1 instead of a true breakfast benefit.

I'm not trying to talk you out of the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh. That would be my choice too, especially if the price is 40 GBP per night lower than The Glasshouse. I've been to Edinburgh a coupe of times, and I would also prefer the location of the Sheraton.