FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Philippine Airlines, LHR-HKG, £500 J return
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:52 am
Palal

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Palty
Anyone flying today back to London?
come say hi 4A
I was in 3K. Did you see the FT tag on my carry-on?

LHR-MNL was fine. The crew did a good job with quick dinner service, I then slept for 8 hrs and woke up almost in MNL. I was supposed to spend 24 hrs in MNL but managed to get on an earlier flight. If you show up for an earlier flight, they'll put you on it. You can't confirm it in advance. They only had Y available at the check-in counter, so I had to sign a waiver saying, I won't hold it against them, but for a 2 hr flight to HKG, I thought it was worth it. I re-upgraded later when I was at the lounge.

They seem to run 1-2 widebodies on MNL-HKG-MNL (consisting of 359 and 773) in addition to regular narrow-body planes.

on MNL-LHR service was mediocre by the FA that was serving me. When she went on break, the other FA was great. I'm not a very difficult customer to please, but when glasses are left empty and I'm not asked if I would like something else - that's just bad manners for the service industry. In my 3 flights, this one FA was the exception rather than the norm though.

Hard product on the 359 is awesome and comfy. If you're taking the window seats, do get the one that's next to the window (rows 3, 5, 7, ...), not next to the aisle (rows 2, 4, 6,...) as you'll have a wider seat for sleeping, due to the curvature of the plane, because the armrest goes down.

Overall, I'd say this fare was worth the ££ paid.

Speaking of MNL, any idea what this plane is still doing there - why haven't they removed it? If you're staying in MNL, stay in Makati or BGC, not in Intramuros. Download and use Grab (Asian equivalent to Uber) - works great. Traffic is horrendous though.

Last edited by Palal; Apr 29, 2019 at 7:04 am