FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will India ever have a true luxury airline?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:53 pm
PiperAtGatesofDawn

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by enox5
When I say luxury,I just mean an airline with a decent business class and lounges. I would say the following airlines fit the bill:

Ba. Lufthansa. Air France. Swiss. Iberia. Qatar etc. etc.

Air India is shocking in comparison. I can't believe that better isn't possible
I strongly disagree with you on the definition of luxury... BA, LH, LX... really? Besides have you seen their domestic EU product... it's a regular economy class seat + meal that has almost zero value over Y if you have *G or OW status. And then you look at airlines like EY which have started charging for desserts & snacks in Y!

SQ, JL, AN etc. are much better examples of luxury - all very rich countries.

In India 9W was there as is UK. AI is MUCH better than BA, LH etc. on domestic routes for sure - better seats (not cleaner), generally better food and way better service than those angry old women on BA. Given the Indian market is a fraction of those markets because people prefer to take a train to flying it's amazing we have (or had) 3 very decent full service carriers.