FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ottawa Marriott [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:36 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Visiting Ottawa for the first time. We will be there July 4 through 8. Like to stay at a Marriott property. I am gold. Will this be a good property for a tourist? or should I consider other Marriott properties? I read some recent reviews. It seems that the property is still dated and bathrooms are still tiny.
Downtown Ottawa is quite compact so for all hotels downtown they are all fine, location-wise. I prefer Westin's location and Marriott is a bit out of the way, but it's still only 15 min walk between them, so we are splitting hair.

If you want a Marriott property, I think Sheraton is the best value. Rooms were partially renovated recently and has a good lounge (although as Gold you won't get access). Delta and Marriott are similar, both have a lounge but rooms are aging and small bathrooms, although I have not seen Marriott myself, just relying on reviews and pictures. Delta is usually cheaper so I suspect it's better value than Marriott but cannot be sure. If money is no object then Westin has the best rooms for sure, but often I find the price premium is not worth it. Finally, in my opinion the worst of them all is Courtyard although similar to Marriott, I have never stayed there so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Prices at CY are very high, sometimes 2nd behind Westin despite being the lowest quality brand of them all which is puzzling so I never even bothered to try it. Sometimes CY is more expensive than the Andaz across the street which is absolutely ridiculous.

So if you have money to spend, go with Westin. If you want value, I suggest Sheraton. Avoid CY. Marriott/Delta would be ok.