FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Largest capacity Carry On (Away vs Travelpro)
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:13 pm
MNflyerGuy

Programs: Delta
Away Bigger Carry-on

I have the Away "Bigger" carry-on and I have to say I am overall not happy with it. I have used it on many trips now, and alas, I am back in the market looking for something bigger.

My issues with the Away "Bigger" carry-on:

* it just doesn't hold enough stuff. I feel like it is much smaller than other bags I see people bringing on the planes. I am usually on Delta's 737's (500's, 800's, and 900's), and those overheads will fit a bigger bag than this "Bigger Carry-on" bag from Away
* it just feels a little "cheap" in materials and construction
* the "smart bag" aspect (the removable battery) ended up being more hassle than good since on Delta, you have to remove it even if you are carrying the bag on the plane. I am ending up just leaving the battery at home so I don't have to keep taking it out and putting it back in all the time.

It isn't all bad though, as the Away bag has really great wheels and it does wheel through airports very nicely, and it is a nice lightweight. And their customer service is very responsive.

My other carry-on's are a Briggs and Riley international widebody one, but that bag holds even less than the Away bag does. I end up using this old cheap Samsonite spinner bag I have that still holds more than either of the newer bags I have.

Any suggestions on what the biggest bag that fits in the 737 Delta configuration overheads would be nice. Thanks.