FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2019 master thread
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:03 am
EcotoneHR

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Budapest Centrum

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? I was disappointed

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard room and was upgraded to an Executive room

- How are the rooms? Very poor, unfortunately. The ugliest I've seen in a Novotel, actually. Cheap IKEA-style furniture, stained carpet, old bathroom overdue for a renovation. The rooms are actually in complete contrast to the rest of the hotel.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Everything is good apart from the actual room. The lobby is very grand, very Austro-Hungarian in style. There is a hot tub and a sauna in the basement, which are heavenly.

Bad: The poor state of the Executive room (I don't even want to know what the others look like)

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? There is an executive lounge, but again, quite poor. During the happy hour there is only one bottle of red wine, one bottle of white wine and a bottle of champagne. The rest are soft drinks, most of the fizzy. There is some bread, some cheese and Hungarian sausages, so you can make yourself a sandwich, but no canapes or something of the sort. There are a few small Greek salads and tiny meatballs. Nothing to write home about. No orange or apple juice in the afternoon, only in the morning, and no sweet things. One coffee machine. Staff appears very rarely and don't replenish anything. Once the wine is gone, there's no replacement. To be fair, there weren't many guests in the lounge, but more attention from the staff is still definitely needed.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Received a welcome drink voucher for both guests. Welcome amenity: two apples, some nuts and one (1) Merci chocolate bar. Not the whole box but just one small bar.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Well, it is quite cheap out of season, but I wouldn't return until it's been renovated.