FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:21 pm
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
At the Sheraton PVR you do not have a choice of selecting breakfast as a welcome amenity. Breakfast is available in the Lounge only. When they refused my request, I called Marriott who confirmed from the Corporate side that the property does not provide breakfast in the restaurant.

James
Sheraton Buganvilias Resort and Convention Center in Puerto Vallarta owes $100 USD compensation every time it fails to offer a choice of welcome gifts to a Platinum Elite (or higher) member who qualifies — but only if that member claims the compensation before checking out (and preferably much sooner than that).

Go to the Terms & Conditions at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi

Scroll down for the table with the header "ELITE WELCOME GIFT FOR PLATINUM ELITE MEMBERS AND ABOVE"

For "St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Sheraton, Le Méridien, Westin, Tribute Portfolio," the Platinum Elite Welcome Gift choices are "1,000 Points per Stay or amenity per Stay or breakfast in restaurant per day of Stay for Member +1 (including Resorts)." The guest selects the option, not the hotel. The compensation for failure is $100 USD.

Some properties are specifically excluded in the Terms & Conditions. Sheraton Buganvilias Resort and Convention Center is not one of them.

If hotels find themselves paying out $100 often, their management will eventually get the message that cheating Elite guests out of published benefits is bad business.

Of course, every agent at Marriott Bonvoy Guest Services should have a decent understanding of the Terms & Conditions and be willing and able to straighten out hotels that fail to comply (or at least to get supervisor to do so). The line, "I called Marriott who confirmed from the Corporate side that the property does not provide breakfast in the restaurant," would indicate a disgusting lack of training and competence at Marriott Bonvoy Guest Services. Sadly, there have been many such reports on this forum.

Last edited by Horace; Apr 27, 2019 at 5:27 pm