FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Go More Get More - Stay Frequency Bonus
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:26 pm
Dad to Rei

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
I'm failing to understand the big deal about the 2nd stay requirement. Sure, it'll make a difference to a small fraction of people, but I also can't fault Hilton for wanting some business in return for the promo.
My take is, it's their party and they can pretty well do whatever they want.

That said, the effort to reward really frequent stay customers is tied to the bonuses at 20 stays. What this does though is puts folks who have very high end stays at the beginning (For me it's a family vacation at a Conrad i lose out on) in the position to not get the real value out of an expensive stay when we are already loyal. I would be fine if it were some random Hampton Inn in Dallas or something, but paying for a high end property that i will miss out on knowing that i will get the double points for my HGI stays and my Hampton Inn stays kinda sucks.

Though i do acknowledge that this will be way better for me later in the summer (Paris & Amsterdam are EXPENSIVE) than the current promo.

My only gripe is the 2nd stay requirement. Otherwise i prefer this to the current promotion.