FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:54 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
... While who am I to tell United how to run their business, I cannot remember a positive change of late. Always negative. ...
Well, while agreeing there have been many / most negative changes , there have been a few interesting items, PremiumPlus, faster flight posting, actually seeming to be on schedule for Polaris retrofits (after a rough start), more UC refurbs, and some others --- but overall 80/20 -- 80% downgrades

But getting back on OT

Suspect this may be due to the rumored excise tax issues (and the refunds last year) and the total costs of handling such small transactions. It was a minor UA distinguisher but doubt it was widely used. If not for FlyerTalk I would have never known about this. There may have been a relatively small cadre that got these benefits -- certainty the target customer was not someone booking 100's of trips weekly.
It may have gotten to the point where the cost to administer this exceeded the benefits in UA's mind