FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:24 am
IntFF

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Data Point: New card approved with 6/24

I applied for Chase IHG Premier. Went into "wait". I called 2 days later, I was told declined because you had 6/24. First card an Amex in Apr-2017.
I checked my records, turned out that 2 cards were of my wife and I was authorized user.
I called again and asked for re-consideration because in 2 cards I was "only" an authorized user, And my Chase checking acct was upgraded last month to Sapphire checking. The guy went, came back with questions, went again, and came back with approval. But I had to re-allocate credit limits.
I do not know if Sapphire Checking was a factor.
Looks! that being authorized user in 2 cards was a factor. The agent asked if I am responsible for payments of my wife's cards. Me: Difficult to answer, but I think that if anybody has to go to prison for non-payment, it will be my wife. He liked my answer
Note: rule 5/24 is actually rule 5/25 or at least 5/24.5. The Amex was applied for on 4/14/2017 with immediate approval. My application to Chase was 4/22/2019.

Last edited by IntFF; Apr 28, 2019 at 9:04 am