FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA personal Platinum Uber $200/year credit (2017-2019)
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:55 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sounds like you're rather clueless concerning the changes that Uber recently implemented. If you only do cheap rides, you may not have a problem. But if your rides typically exceed the credit (mine are mostly airport trips using Uber Black), Uber has made it very difficult to use the monthly credit.

lol I have no idea what you're talking (and I don't think you do, either).
My rides are also to / from the airport and exceed the $15. Without fail, the first ride of the month the $15 gets deducted.

Stop being obtuse, this board if full of people gaming the system. The credit is supposed to be for rides, not meals, not anything else. From the Amex site:

Platinum Card Members receive $15 in Uber Cash for Uber rides in the U.S. every month plus a bonus $20 in December. That’s up to $200 for Uber annually.(1)
To be fair, I've gamed the Amex system too - getting the $200 airline fee credit turned into ticket credit. But when that loophole was closed, I didn't whine about it.