FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Philippine Airlines, LHR-HKG, £500 J return
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:03 pm
estrangeiro8

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just thought I'd post this as I'm on my return leg.

HKG: I couldn't check in online. Arrived 5:45 am - PAL check in desks are located in Terminal 2. Check in was fine but the departures section in T2 doesn't open until 6:30 am, which means having to go back to Terminal 1 to go through security and immigration. PAL uses the Hong Kong Airlines lounge which is really nothing to write home about. Minimal selection of food (congee, salad, pastries, eggs made to order) and limited drinks. However it is very quiet so a relaxed space to spend some time pre-flight.

HKG to MNL: you're taken to the aeroplane by a transfer bus. Excellent flight. 8 pax in business class. Staff were friendly and professional. As there are no IFE screens, you're given an iPad to watch things. Limited selection of films and TV shows, but easy to pass the time on a short flight. Food was good (I'd ordered a special vegetarian meal) although nowhere near Qatar's excellent choice and variety which I love.

Once you've disembarked, you go down the escalators, go to the transfer desk where your boarding pass is stamped, go through a small security gate again and then head upstairs to where the departure gates are. The Mabuhay Lounge is located near Gate 8.

It's an ok, passable lounge - simple, efficient but drab in colour and style, and nothing to be wowed by... Hot food, fruit, cakes, desserts. Different selection of drinks. I'd recommend having a Tanduay and coke - it's Philippines' national rum which I discovered many years ago when I first travelled to the country. Very smooth.

Currently in the Mabhuay lounge. If anyone is around, let me know and I'll come to say hello. I'm the guy with the blue hat. I'll also be seated in 5A on the LHR flight.

Cheers

estrangeiro8