FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I’m leaving - I guess AA won't miss me
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:06 pm
hmflyer

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I am at that point as well. I really think that the service has gone to pot. Routes being dropped are, sadly. a part of airline life. What has changed for me is the staff attitude on board. No one appears to care less any more. I'm afraid that it seems as though the name over the door says American, but what is within is not. I will be interested to see their results. Friends that I have made who swore by AA, have now gone to Delta. I'm hardly a big customer but I use them for 3 round trips a year to HNL to inspect my properties without any other flights. Last week, the Lead FA's idea of a PDB was a bottle of water, and when asked why said that she was not paid to do so. The best service came PHX - SEA flying with a lady who was ex TWA. She was excellent but she is in a minority I fear.

All these flights do is increase my BAEC account with Tier Points - there would be no other reason to stay.
Yeah, PDBs are at the discretion of the Flight Attendants. So while you will almost always get one on American Eagle, very hit or miss on mainline.