FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:47 pm
PaperGlider

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by lonelygod
was on SFO-PHL redeye, nothing but the water. So I wrote, and they replied:

Our primary pre-departure beverage is bottled water. Additionally, on most morning flights we should be offering coffee and orange juice and on most flights after 10am we should be offering orange juice and sparkling wine. There are operational issues and space limitations onboard that can sometimes interrupt or otherwise limit this service, however, so unfortunately there will sometimes be flights that a pre-departure drink is not offered. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience and/or disappointment this has caused and I would like to assure you that your concerns will be shared with our Food and Beverage Manager for additional review.
Could be stated:
"First class where you should be offered something but sometimes (a lot of times) not. I am sorry but don't you worry your little head because you are assured I'll tell that mean Food and Beverage Manager your concerns"

The poor Food and Beverage manager, appears to have a performance objective to reduce actual cost and quantity of food and beverages served AND doesn't directly manage the Flight Attendants when Customer Care sends him your complaint.