FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG Pier dining — what a let down!
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:38 pm
DeathSlam

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by londonexpert
Major problem is people are treating these places like a Michlin Star Restaurant and have unreasonable expectation
I think this is the problem. If F lounges were filled primarily with paid F pax, they might have a right to expect a premium dining experience. Since this is now generally not the case it's no surprise airlines are cutting back on the luxury levels. If I was a paid F pax I would be furious. As someone who has never paid for F or had OWE status it's nice to know that if I want a nice meal I can stay on the island until the last minute (eating M3* for less than the difference between J & F) or eat better outside the lounge (for substantially less). If I just happen to be peckish due to circumstances beyond my control then there is some free and (debatably) edible food in the lounge, so much the better. Only done one Pier F and didn't dine, just spent the time with some tea in a cabin watching an A380 arrive and leave (it sounds like this part of service hasn't changed). It was much more relaxing than some of my recent Wing experiences with a completely stuffed lounge (I should have stayed out of the lounge). Cabin is right up there now for me for food and experience.