FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:48 am
dalbyl

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
ORC and compensation advice

Hi, I hope someone can advise the best route of action following some disruption experienced last week.

On Friday 19th April my wife and I were due to fly GOT - HEL - JFK - CLT - MIA in business booked with AA on a 001 ticket. All was going well until we arrived at JFK and were met with a new boarding pass. Bad weather along the East coast meant a lot of cancellations and disruption and our JFK - CLT flight had been cancelled. We had been rerouted on Delta to FLL in economy. I quickly tried to find a better option to ask to be rebooked onto but there was nothing. AA agent wasn’t interested in helping either.

What made things worse worse was our new Delta flight ended up 4 hours 50 minutes late so we had a 6 hour wait at JFK T2 (a lovely place might I add) and arrived at our hotel in Miami at 0515 in the morning!

5 days later and I’ve not received any tier points or avios for the original route and obviously nothing for the Delta flight.

Two questions; can I claim ORC for the two AA flights I should have been on, and can I also claim for the disruption caused, including downgrade, big delay and costs associated getting me to my original destination? if so what sort of compensation can I claim and how do I go about doing it? Thanks!